Mini Pepper Stuffed with Chicken – Paleo Friendly!
We all know with the holiday season approaching, that means you’re either hosting a holiday party or attending one. But that doesn’t mean we have to skip out on our healthy eating habits.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 pieces
- 3 Cups Mini, Raw, Sweet Bell Peppers, halved
- 12 oz. Organic Ground Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Onions, diced
- 1/2 Cup Just Almond Meal, found at Trader Joe’s
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Bran Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
1) Cooks onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon of high smoke point oil such as rice bran. Be careful to not burn the onions. Once the onions are soft add the ground chicken and cook thoroughly breaking up large pieces as it cooks.
2) set the cooked chicken aside to cool.
3) While chicken is cooling slice mini peppers (about 12 peppers) in two. Remove seeds and wash. You can leave the stem on. Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
4) When the chicken is cool add one beaten egg, almond meal and salt and pepper to taste. You can add other favorite herbs at this point. I leave them out and serve with walnut cilantro pesto.
5) Stuff each pepper with about 1 tablespoon of filling. Pack the filling in tight with a spoon or clean fingers.
6) bake for 15-20 minutes until tops are slightly brown.
7) serve warm.