How to Lose 40 Pounds in Two Weeks
Losing 40 pounds in two weeks is extremely difficult for the average overweight individual. Anyone who has not been medically diagnosed as obese should not attempt to lose such a large amount of weight in such a short period of time. However, for individuals who are very overweight, 40 pounds is not as dramatic in relation to their overall weight. This can be done healthily and safely, although results are not guaranteed. Individual body chemistry and metabolism play large roles in weight loss.
- Difficulty: Challenging
- To achieve a significant weight loss, you will need to follow an extremely strict diet. Eat nothing but vegetables for two weeks. Do not use any sauces or dressings, just pure vegetables. Do not eat meat, breads, or dairy–just pure vegetables. Bright and leafy vegetables are best, as they contain the most nutrition. This regimen may sound harsh, but vegetables are nature’s healthiest food. A person can survive and actually be quite healthy on a pure vegetable diet, and in some cultures this is the norm. The good news is that the dieter can eat as much as they want as often as they want, provided they are only eating vegetables. Raw organic vegetables are best for health. Mix up what vegetables are consumed. Vegetables contain hardly any calories but are rich in vitamins and minerals the body needs.
- Do not drink anything but water during the two weeks of your diet. Juices, soda, and alcohol may have lots of calories. Cold water helps to burn calories, because the body must expend energy to warm the cold water to the body’s temperature. The only exception to pure water is green tea (with no sugar or milk). Drink organic green tea after every meal. This tea has numerous health benefits, including EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which helps increase metabolism. Drink lots of water, twice as much as the dieter normally would. This helps keep away hunger and keeps the body hydrated.
- Perform aerobic exercise, which is the best form of exercise for weight loss. Jogging, power walking, swimming, biking, yoga and aerobics are all excellent for toning the body. Aerobic exercise increases heart rate and expends a lot of energy (calories). Exercise every single day for at least one hour; if possible, exercise twice or three times a day.
- Do not bend the rules. Stay disciplined. Following the diet exactly, exercise daily and never indulge. It can seem very difficult to do and the first few days will be the hardest, but that is because a habit is being changed. This is when discipline is required most of all. After one week, the body should be getting used to the new lifestyle and it should not be as difficult. At a minimum, the average person should lose 20 pounds on this diet. However, for a larger person the loss will be much more pronounced.
- After two weeks, continue the diet and see how long you can maintain this lifestyle. Eventually your weight will plateau; when weight loss ceases and your weight is steady for a week, you have reached your ideal weight.